This may be a new problem for you, or you've known about them in your neighborhood.
It is a scary problem to have, you think pets are safe in your backyard, but, coyotes can get in and harm your pets.
FIRST THINGS FIRST
What is a Coyote Roller?
- Coyote Rollers are a 4ft long aluminum rod that attaches to your fence.
- They spin when a coyote touches them with its front paws to pull itself over. This keeps them from getting a paw-hold and rolling backward.
- Coyote Rollers need to be installed where the coyote will place his front feet. That is at the very top of your fence.
- Coyote Rollers do not need any maintenance and work in any weather.
For illustrative purposes only, animals will land on their hind legs coming down.
- Coyotes usually need to use the top of your fence to help them get over.
- They don't need a running start since they are very athletic and powerful.
- It happens quickly, in about a second, they can be up and over.
- They have the capability of running up and over a 14ft high wall.
- Coyotes are opportunistic, they will strike quickly if the situation is right, or move along.
- Coyote attacks on defenseless pets, happen primarily in suburban areas.
Learn how coyotes jump fences.
Your Backyard Fence
- Keeping coyotes out requires a fence height of 6ft or taller. If yours is shorter, consider raising it higher.
- Coyotes are able to simply hop over a shorter fence and never touch the top of it. Fence height is important for Coyote Rollers to be effective.
- Nearly any fence style is enough; Wood, Iron, Mason, Chain Link, Vinyl. It needs to have a solid top rail for bracket installation. (ie: not a wire fence)
- Make repairs as needed to ensure its in good condition
Coyote Rollers need to cover the top of your entire fence and gates that surround your yard.
Coyote Rollers are a humane solution for keeping coyotes out of the yard. Use our guidelines for the proper use of and installation for success.