YIKES! Did you get another call from Animal Control? Your neighbor? or worse, the ER Vet? Let's talk about solving this problem.
FIRST THINGS FIRST
What is a Coyote Roller?
- Coyote Rollers are a 4ft long aluminum rod that attaches to your fence.
- They spin when an animal touches them with its front paws to pull itself over. This keeps them from getting a paw-hold and rolling backward.
- Coyote Rollers need to be installed where the pet will place his front feet. That is usually at the very top of your fence.
- Coyote Rollers do not need any maintenance and work in any weather.
- They hold 250 lbs on center.
For illustrative purposes only, animals will land on their hind legs coming down.
On their first try, dogs and cats will first jump up and try to get a paw hold on the top of the fence.
Some pets may try climbing the fence, using what is available on or nearby the fence to give them a boost.
Pets can spend a lot of time in a backyard and may get bored. They can be very motivated to get out and have the time to try and try again.
Sometime multiple methods may be needed to keep determined pets in.
Learn more about dogs and cat motivations
Your Backyard Fence
- We recommend fence height of 6ft. Your situation could allow for a shorter fence for Coyote Rollers to work. Every backyard/pet situation is different.
- Some larger athletic dog breeds and especially cats could hop over a shorter fence and never touch the top of it. We need the pets to use the Roller to pull up on.
- Nearly any fence style is enough; Wood, Iron, Mason, Chain Link, Vinyl. It needs to have a solid top rail for bracket installation. (ie: not a wire fence)
- Make repairs as needed to ensure its in good condition
Coyote Rollers need to cover the top of your entire fence and gates that surround your yard.
Coyote Rollers are a humane solution for keeping pets IN the yard. Use our guidelines for the proper use of and installation for success. We may have suggestions for those 'tricky' situations too!